Friday, October 24, 2008

A Fair Day, A Better Bath, and a Cute Kitty

Can you believe that next Friday is All Hallow’s Eve?! That is just crazy. I have to try Jelly’s costume on her this weekend, because I have a sneaking suspicion that she will not be a kitty for Halloween after all. It was snug a few weeks ago, and she hasn’t managed to lose any girth since then (just like her mama), so she may have to be crammed into her Renaissance Faire dress instead. Poor little thing will have to be a princess instead. The Nanny totally called me out on not one but two of my weaknesses this week – one was when I struggled to decide between a little bunny hat and a little kitty hat for Jenny to wear on her outing, and she said, ‘So, you like ears, huh?’ and I admitted that I actually had a hat of my own with kitty ears (don’t you judge me!). The second was when I returned home from Trader Joe’s with handmade marshmallows. She said, ‘So, you like marshmallows a lot, huh?’ Apparently she noticed that there were multiple sizes and flavors in the pantry. So embarrassing. Why can’t I be cooler? I have a feeling Nanny loves to tell stories about her boss.
The afternoon at the fair was great. Jellybean got a lot more out of it than I ever would have imagined, but that might be because she had quite a few people adore her and smile and talk to her. She was not happy when I put her on the ‘Guess Your Weight’ scale, but went crazy when I gave her a little teensy bit of root beer. She was ambivalent about most of the animals in the barn with the exception of the cows. I don’t know how I’m going to keep one of those in my backyard when she’s older.
I ordered and received the world’s best baby bath product this week, the Kangaroo pouch. OMG I wish I’d had that like 5 months ago. It’s especially great now that it’s -32 degrees in the house – I can whip her slippery chubby tush out of the deadly tub and straight into a warm, snug, soft cuddly pocket against my chest. And it has a hood for her wet little head, so she doesn’t lose that 92% body heat that my mother always warned me about. I totally heart it. Get one if you have a baby. Now. It’s worth any price. And it’s adjustable as she gets longer! SO SMART.

Tomorrow I GET TO GO HAVE A MASSAGE! And the world rejoiced! Sunday is the Triangle Mommy Trunk-or-Treat, so we get to play dress-up, which is always awesome. Hmm, I just realized I have no idea what I’m wearing for my witch costume under the overdress from my Renn costume. Well, at least I don’t have a shortage of potential black clothes to choose from. I can’t wait to post those pics next week. And I TOTALLY need to take JR’s 5-month pics, who knows when I’ll find time to do that. I am still getting use to the idea that she’s growing up.

No comments: