Monday, September 29, 2008

Four Months Old

Check out that mug. And those toes. Don't you just want to pluck her right out of that picture and smother her in kisses? Jelly had her 4-month photo shoot this weekend, in a totally ridiculous dress that her Tata FORCED me to buy. She loved it. And, why not? Soft velour-y arms, a nice fuzzy absorbent collar to catch drool, and a sparkly, silk-and-net skirt. Some day she is going to force me to let her wear stuff like this to the grocery store, and I'm going to totally give in BECAUSE IT'S JUST SO DAMN CUTE!!! Really, it makes me weak. Don't look directly at it!!!
We had a nice, non-flat-tire weekend. There was a yard sale at Mariposa School, which was kinda neat because that's the name of the school my dad taught at for like a billion years, and my sister and I attended for a few. We got there late, but there were still some good bargains (like Baby's First Dishwasher, so I can get her trained good and early). We did the Farmer's Market yesterday, and there was a nice breeze so Jellybean was very happy. I bought persimmons, and promptly threw them out when we got home because they smelled so funky I couldn't even begin to cope with how I was going to eat them or cook them in something. So much for my brave new buy.
It's hard to believe it's almost October. JJ has to go for her shots tomorrow and it makes me sick to my stomach to think how unhappy she's going to be. I'm going to ask the doctor about starting her on solids (gave her a teensy bit of applesauce last night and I thought she was going to get up and walk into the kitchen to find her own spoon) and about her sleeping pattern. I've dropped the 11pm feeding so that she goes into her crib at 9p (unhappily - we play 'rock the baby til she falls asleep, put her in her crib, she sleeps for 10-15 minutes then wakes up SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER because she's so ticked off she's not being held, so pick up the baby and rock her some more, repeat 10 times') and sleeps til 5a - but I think I need to let her fall back asleep instead of rushing in to get her. She's still tired and obviously isn't starving. Gawd, that would be so awesome, if I could sleep from like 10:30 til 6:30. Mmmmm... delicious elusive sleep.

I am still totally in awe of her, I realized yesterday. I was watching her sleep, and despite the calendar (and the c-section scar), still cannot believe she's here, and she's mine, and she's becoming a little person. Her new trick this weekend was to 'fake cough'. There are more clothes that she's outgrown that have to be packed away. I have to start looking for a new car seat. She's just plain awesome.





No comments: