Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Greetings from the Snowy South

Ridiculous, huh?

I know I should be more concerned that Nanny couldn't get here and I'm getting nothing done and won't be able to drop off all my stuff for the state's largest consignment sale this weekend despite hours and hours of tagging. I know that my heating bill is going to be one spatrillion dollars and I'm going to gain 7 lbs because snow days make me eat (hurry! bulk up! more Eggos!).

But how can I, when I've got a sleeping pot of Jelly on my chest, warm and cozy in fleecy jammies and extra socks? How can I, when we played outside, and I put a big empty bowl on the back stoop that is filling with snow, so that we can make First Snow Maple Syrup Candy, Little-House-style? How can I, when we're toasty and safe and I made myself go get groceries yesterday so there's lots of hot chocolate and cheddar-garlic biscuits and the world is so quiet and white and pretty?

Yeah, I'll still worry, since I'm going to miss another deadline or two here. And it's disappointing that I'll have to wait until the next mediocre sale to re-tag and sell all my stuff (I spent hours just loading the car yesterday!).

But my Jenny got snow!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like a great time was had with your Jenny. All the other stuff comes and goes; it's memories of simple days like those that count more than anything else.

That sounds pretty cheesy and hallmarkish but damn it, we're all entitled to some mushiness (!?) sometimes.

Oh! and deadlines be damned (if possible)!

Fat Chick said...

Hey there, please contact me at shansterbaby at gmail. You won the black purse giveaway on my blog!