Thursday, April 16, 2009

Twitter-Free After All These Months

People who know me are surprised that I don't Twitter. I'm normally an 'early adopter' of fun new technologies, and obviously I love to share the minutia of my every-day life. I even sometimes enjoy reading other people's tweets, unless they're twits. I just don't think I would contribute anything by twittering. For example, if I used Twitter, these would be today's tweets;

9:04 am - Having Pepsi for breakfast. If I had a pack of Certs, it would be college.

9:27 am - Work would almost be bearable if these people would quit emailing me and I didn't have to do any work.

10:11 am - Oops, forgot to tell Nanny the lawn guy was coming. She thought his kids were stealing the play climber from the back yard.

10:14 am - Really, super do not want to work today. Am reading blogs. Octo-Mom videos made me sad, seeing those little babies ignored while she panders to the cameras. And what about all the constant lights and camera flashes? She doesn't even cradle them when she feeds them. And as if she trademarked 'Octo-mom'?!

10:16 am - Will Perry EVER leave?


See? Lame, boring, TMI, and void of anything that is going to make the world a better place. I'm sure there are people who tweet very interesting things, or important bits of info, but I don't think I would. I think 9 out of 10 tweets would be '80's song lyric snippets, and who needs that?

Jellybean is still allergy-stricken, and now has a terrible cough along with the random fevers and nasty congestion. I looked online and it said end-of-month for the pollen to calm down, so we've still got a few more weeks. I think we're going to try to go to the Science Museum 'Butterfly Bash' this weekend, my meetup group has an event. I'll have to minimize the time outdoors though. And Sunday is the Triangle Mommies Birthday Bash, which is suppose to be just awesome, but of course is outside. Blergh.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

I am not getting on the twitter band wagon either...why would I want people to know where I am and what I'm doing every second of the day? It's like inviting stalkers. We've got the allergy thing going on over here too. Fun times...

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

Good on ya for remaining Twitter free from a fellow unTweeter!
Sorry Jellybean is still sicko/alergyo!
Where do you see octomom videos? I haven't seen any, but am morbidly curious. Though as a mom of multiples they have rarely ever been fed in my arms except when hooked to the boob (even then two at once isn't really cuddly). It's just not really feasible for us though we make time to play and cuddle each day.