Monday, July 6, 2009

We're BACK!

It's ok, everyone, calm down, we're back and I changed the blog background back so that you don't all go blind, and The Bean is fine and I survived and everything is right with the world once more. I am going to have to take some time to adequately summarize and grossly exaggerate the events of our trip, so bear with me as I get out a few novellas over the next few days for your reading enjoyment.

In short, Jellybean was THE BEST BABY EVER. Seriously. She was a world-class traveler, and never once fought being put back into the Cheerio-laden torture device no matter what leg of the journey we were on. There was some totally understandable mild fussing when she was tired or OMG WHY AREN'T WE THERE YET, times when I felt like doing some light crying myself. But considering the travel days averaged 9-10 hours each, for two days in a row, she was awesome. We had a wonderful visit with my family, and a nice mix of hot/sunny - cool/rainy weather, perfect for both swimming and doing some reading. She's definitely glad to be home, but is also showing signs of missing the grandparents and having some trouble readjusting to the schedule.

More to come soon, so stay tuned loyal followers!
To tide you over;
French Fries in another state are so exciting!
(check out that awesome retro high chair)
Canada, watch out!
Yeah, so it's cool and beautiful and peaceful and has great healthcare, big deal

1 comment:

Chris said...

Sounds like you guys had a great trip - despite you both mildly fussing .. we all need some mild fussing every now and then.

I didn't realize you hadn't come back so I was all thinking up horrible stories of more porches falling or arachnids taking over the House of Jelly.

Welcome home!