Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cousin Uncle Brother Jim

My favorite cousin, Jim, will be coming for a visit next week. Hurrah! I don't like the idea of Jenny calling him 'second-cousin Jim', so he'll be Uncle Jim to her. Oh, wait, my brother is named Jim so she already has an Uncle Jim. Hmm. I guess he will be Cousin Jim. He's in priest school, so he will also be a Brother one day in the far, far future, hence the post title.

I can't wait to see him. He's a total movie-aholic like me, so I'm hoping we can hit a movie or two, or at least get in some good pay-per-view. The Beaner has been fussy at odd hours lately (like yesterday when I went Kroger-ing, normally one of my favorite activities, shattered by a wailing overtired kid that belonged to me), so I don't trust how she'd do in a theater anymore. And I don't want to be That Person.

Her sleep schedule the past couple nights has been hilarous - 5 hours (7p-12a), 4 hours (12:30-4:30), 3 hours (5-8), then pretty much awake. I've had insomnia (PPD, or back-to-work/nanny stress? You be the judge.) so I haven't been able to appreciate it. But my friend CPE is taking her tomorrow night AND Saturday night (huzzah!), so I'll be able to get some awesome delicious sleep then. I have great friends. Speaking of which, my new mommy buddy CZ stopped by for a visit with her totally adorable little boy. It's nice to have someone who is only like 2 miles away who can sympathize with my special degree of crazy.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend if I don't get a chance to post for a bit.

P.S. OMG, am I the only one who didn't realize that The Doctor played Barty Crouch Jr. in Goblet of Fire? ACK!!! I just IMDB'd him and he's only 2 MONTHS older than me. How did I get so old?!

No comments: