Friday, July 11, 2008

Fridays are for Cleaning Your Shower

It's a rocking Friday night, and what am I doing? (after I feed the interwebs, obviously). I'm going to clean my shower. Yes sirree, that's how lame I am. My friend CPE is watching The Bean tonight on her first away-from-home sleepover without her doting yet exhausted mother, and I am going to use this opportunity to scrape away some of the orange-y/pinkish scum that has accumulated magically in the brief seconds I've been able to tend to my own personal hygiene. The problem is, a.) I usually have a baby to take care of and can't clean, b.) I don't want to use chemicals around her if she's in the bathroom with me and c.) Uh, hello, I don't like to clean. I am really hoping I can trick the nanny into scrubbing toilets. Maybe I'll 'accidentally' drop her keys or her lunch in there or something.

So, yes, my Top 5 List of Things I'd Do If I Were Baby-Free Tonight, Which I Am:

5. Watch a show from beginning to end. I don't care if it's Judge Judy.
4. Eat a meal that is warmer than room-temperature and not pre-cut into bite-size pieces.
3. Pay some bills that I have been putting off. Not very exciting, I know, but, well, better than debtors prison.
2. Blog. I like to shout out to my homies. It's cathartic.
and the number one thing I'm going to go do in like five seconds...

Take a damn bath. With candles and smelly stuff, and pumice my feet and shave my legs in peace, and listen to music that doesn't include the words 'bunnies', 'duckies', 'nighty-night', or rhymes a word with a number, color, or month of the year. And then I'm going to sleep without waking up worrying someone isn't breathing, or breathing too fast, or breathing too shallow, or breathing through their mouth too much, or breathing on me (which is just creepy sometimes).

I'd also like to do my nails, but when you factor in drying time I don't think it's going to make the cut this evening. I'd also like to make a fun snack but since I already had my hot meal I'm stuffed, and I'm almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight and want to keep going, so I've got to behave sensibly.

But anyhow, #5 and #1 (and the stupid shower) await. Maybe the shower can wait til morning. Maybe the show watching can wait also. Ah, screw it, I'm going to bed, who am I kidding.

No comments: