Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bright-Eyed and Bushy-Tailed


And I dress her crazy?

So I had forgotten something very, very exciting in my list of Things I Get to Do While Away This Week. Shower. You may think, ‘uh, I certainly hope you shower when you aren’t away’. Well, yes, but it’s for five seconds and I don’t have time to let the water heat up all the way and I sure as heck can’t shampoo AND condition, or use the secondary special facial scrub or SHAVE MY LEGS. All summer long people have thought I’m a dirty hippy, I’m sure. Anyhow, I was so thrilled to realize this that I took a shower right after dinner last night. Which lasted 4 minutes. The dinner, not the shower. I totally forgot that I was alone and could chew and enjoy my food, and instead bolted it down without chewing. I was so mad at myself. But it was delicious, I had Thai Tofu Basil and some spring rolls, and a Thai iced tea for dessert. I haven’t decided on dinner yet, mostly because I am still full from a tasty toasted bagel with peanut butter from my office cafeteria. Man, expense accounts ROCK.

I slept ok, I went to bed at 9 pm and was out like a light. I had the AC cranked and was buried in a pile of blankets so it was freaking awesome, but it was still a hotel so there was still some clanging and banging, and I still woke up at 4:30 and every hour thereafter listening for Jenny. I talked to Tata this morning and apparently Little Precious went to sleep at 11 pm and woke up at 7 am when Ta’s alarm went off, so they had a great night. Hopefully that will last all week, and then it will be a pattern, and she’ll do it for me too. I really think I wake her up during the night since I’m still on my pregnancy pee schedule and get up several times. I may skip the crib-in-my-room and put her right into the nursery after the Cincinnati trip.

I don’t have any pics of the nephew yet to share, but don’t worry, I called and yelled at the new parents for being so inconsiderate. Hopefully they will get some stuff posted today. They had a bit of a rough night – I guess they didn’t get the Jenny they ordered. I am keeping my fingers crossed that things settle down for them.

No comments: