Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Future's So Bright

In my ongoing pursuit of digging up money from forgotten or secret hidden locations in order to avoid the poorhouse, I started the arduous task of submitting baby birthin’ claims to my Flex Spending Account. Man, do I love fighting with my insurance company. I am at the point now where I just go ahead and call Customer Service before I do anything else, since every claim I submit automatically gets rejected. I think they have me on file as a trouble maker. Anywhoo, in the process of doing this I had a little spat about an ‘estimated’ payment I made when I was checked out of the hospital. Since my insurance paid out 100%, I was told the hospital owes me the money. Well, what a shock; the hospital is quick to collect on their bills but a little slow with the refunds. So then I got to call and fight with the hospital finance department, who had apparently taken my $414 refund down to $237 for ‘late charges’. I guess my insurance company wasn’t fast enough for them. The good news is, I think I got through to at least one manager who understood me and is going to cut a check for the full amount. I expect to see that around Christmas time, which will at least come in handy then, as I will be able to finally stop making home-made formula and be able to buy the discount no-name stuff. And I’m joking. I would give up everything to ensure Junior’s happiness and well-being before all else, duh. I actually tried taking her off the sensitive formula just to see if she could hack it, but no dice. She’s just a sensitive little thing. I’m still lubing her up with lotion twice daily (two different kinds, even), and she’s still got dry little fat legs. And clammy feet. That kid is in socks when it’s 90 degrees out.

I am even more excited about my trip to Boston next week after a lunch conversation with my friend CPE. When asked, “How are you ever going to cope next week?” I responded with a flippant, “Drink”, and then went, “Ohhhhhhhhhhh!” because it dawned on me that I have a rare opportunity – a hotel, an expense account, and no baby. I CAN DRINK NEXT WEEK! Also, The Nanny set up her webcam yesterday to test it out and sent me some hilarious pics of The Bean looking totally nonplussed, so I am excited to be able to login and check on her from Boston Cube Hell.

Last night was a strange yet wonderful night as far as Ms. Jenny’s sleeping schedule. She had her usual 4 ½ oz bottle at 7 pm, but instead of going to sleep for a few hours was fussy and whiny and, eventually, screamy. That’s just not my baby, so after trying everything I offered her another bottle and, low and behold, she drank ANOTHER 4 ½ oz at 8 pm. I couldn’t believe it. The best part was, she totally sacked out til 4 am after that, and I was smart enough to see the signs this time so had gone to bed with her. I got a 7-hour stretch of sleep! Merveilleux!

It’s a dark and rainy day, so I made some oatmeal and a pot of coffee and am chugging right along. This afternoon I meet with the lawyer for the unsurprisingly depressing task of setting up my will. But only two days til the weekend!

No comments: