Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jenny Gets Sick

I had a funny, lengthy post written about my dinner adventures last night and how my week is going so far, but then my baby got sick and my world fell apart.

You know what’s worse than having to watch your baby get her vaccinations?

Not being there when someone else has to rush your baby to the doctor, and she has to be catheterized. Twice, because she's kicking and screaming so much.

My poor little chubby-bottomed daughter got a yeast infection. Once again I am incredibly grateful for my heaven-sent Nanny, who noticed that Jenny was wetting a lot more frequently, had redness, and some unusual smelling urine. And called to tell me. Apparently, the wonderful sleeping Jenny has been doing this week was because she was sick, but too little to tell anybody. It breaks my heart.

Luckily I have awesome friends, and CPE took her to the doctor’s for the urine and blood tests, waited for the results, and also went and got the prescription filled so she could be started on the medicine right away. Lucky Tata gets to slather her up tonight. I owe her so much.

Ah, the joys of having a girl.

At least I’m getting all the trauma of leaving her for work travel out of the way right upfront. When she falls and breaks her arm when she’s older and I’m not home I’ll be cool as a cucumber. But in the meantime, it was an awful afternoon. Poor Bean. No Mama to comfort her.

No comments: