Friday, August 15, 2008

Fridays are for Bojangle's

Many of you may have read my blog post where I went on and on about how smart I was for taking my PSP with me to the hospital when I was preparing to have The Bean. And I still stand by my guns that it WOULD have been brilliant, had I not been a crazy impatient freaked-out woman-about-to-give-birth who couldn’t focus on anything for more than 3 seconds. And then after she was born, it was in my suitcase all the way across the room and, well, I couldn’t get out of bed.

HOWEVER…

My new brilliant shiny idea is to take it with me to Boston and Cincinnati! Bear with me on this. I can load it up with Jenny pictures to share with everyone, and videos, and most importantly, I can put her lullaby mixes on it! Since it has external speakers it’s like a little baby boombox. How freakin’ fantastic is that? I’m very excited. Plus I still have a couple of games and movies on the off-chance that I will want to be doing something other than sleeping in all my spare time. Also, I learned how to trick iTunes into converting protected AAC files, so I'm feeling very tech-savvy despite the fact that it was something that probably a million people know how to do.

In other news, IT’S FRIDAY!! That means I’m out of time on all the deliverables I’m suppose to have ready to discuss with my boss on Monday, which is kind of worrisome, but I’m so happy that it’s the weekend that I’m not too bothered. Maybe I’ll work on the plane? (hahahaha)

Wednesday night cousin/Coach/Auntie J came by with her mum and bro to see Beaner and bring us delicious leftovers. It was great to see them and the free shrimp. My dinner plans continue to deteriorate as the week progresses due to the sleep issues (JR was on a WEIRD schedule last night so I’m a little spacey today), so when someone brings me food I want to cry with happiness. I spent some quality time yesterday looking online at restaurants I have never explored in MA around the hotel area, and I’m stupidly excited to be able to have hot meals next week that I’ll be able to eat with TWO hands. I know, I’ve mentioned this before, but until you have a baby you don’t understand how traumatic it is.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Nanny and I took the kids to the park for an ill-fated picnic yesterday (I have renamed the local Jaycee park, ‘Bees and Butts’), but Jenny enjoyed the swings and got some air so it was alright. This weekend I will mostly be sitting and holding the baby while trying not to think about leaving her for a week.

No comments: